AQUACHIM JSC is a Bulgarian company with Chairman of the Board of directors Assoc. Prof. Dr. B. Velikov and Executive director Kamelia Tzankova M. Sc.:
- established in 1992 as a partner of MERCK KGaA, Germany starting with chemicals, reagents and positioning on the Bulgarian market of products for environmental control;
- since 1996 AQUACHIM began the development of MERCK diagnostics products in the field of clinical chemistry, microbiology and pathology;
- after termination of clinical chemistry product line at MERCK in 2001 the AQUACHIM activities in clinical labs continued with BECKMAN COULTER, USA;
- since the beginning of 2004 AQUACHIM had another focus group of products – ethical drugs of MERCK KGaA and after the acqusition of the Swiss pharmaceutical company SERONO by MERCK, AQUACHIM represented also MERCK Serono;
- during 2005 a fruitful cooperation with VWR in the field of laboratory equipment and consumables started;
- since 2008 AQUACHIM has new partners: KONIK-TECH, Spain in the field of chromatography and Teledyne Leeman Labs, USA for elemental analyses (ICP and Mercury Analyzers). The presented products’ range of BECKMAN COULTER with high technology systems for biomedical research. Other new partners are Instrumentation Laboratories, DiaSys, RTC, EPROGEN, Dr. Ehrenstorfer and Biolog.
- In November 2009 AQUACHIM Ltd. sold part of its business related to the Мerck KGаA products. The funds received from MERCK for the achieved market share are re-invested, so AQUACHIM will continue to develop, to broaden its activities, to increase its influence on the market and mostly to accomplish the undertaken social engagements to its employees and to the society;
- since April 2008 AQUACHIM is certified acc. ISO 9001:2000 with scope of registration: Wholesale and distribution of medicines, chemicals, reagents and equipment. Service and training activities
- The team consists of 40 people - 31 of the team chemistc, biologistc, medical doctors and pharmaticsts including 6 staff members with Phd 2 with academical rang.