The textile and clothing sector has become one of
the Bulgaria's most competitive industries in recent years with
considerable investment, and export and employment opportunities.
Bulgaria is number 1 in Eastern Europe in textile exports to the
Invest Bulgaria through its daughter web portal Bulgarian Textile,
has set as a top priority the development and management of
relationships between leading international textile companies and
the local fashion industry.
The Bulgarian textile sector is very attractive for foreign
investors. Some of the regional advantages that Bulgaria offers
- Long lasting traditions in textile and clothing manufacturing
- World class quality and reasonable prices
- Average monthly wage in textile and clothing is in the range
of 100-200 Euros per month
- Many companies are working on CM and CMT basis with foreign
partners, thus constantly improving their expertise and the
quality of their services.
- Annual growth in the Bulgarian Textile market has been 15-20
percent mainly driven by foreign investment, with Greece, Italy
and Germany being by far the most active investors.
With European Union entry in 2007 confirmed and a significant
cost advantage, Bulgaria has become a very attractive investment
location for international textile companies. Working with
Bulgarian partners is very beneficial to the foreign firms, as
they discover great cost savings, without seeing deterioration in