Outsourcing to Europe or the Western world was not considered a possibility until recently. Many countries in Eastern Europe have started to offer outsourcing services lately and are the preferred partner for companies based out of Western Europe and the US.
One of the main reasons in favor of outsourcing to Eastern Europe and Bulgaria in particular is that cultural differences in the way business is executed are minor. Moreover, the distance to Bulgaria from anywhere else in Europe is not more than 2 or 3 hours by plane.
Other interesting facts about Bulgaria:
- Bulgaria is an European Union and NATO member
- The country is stable politically and economically. In its annual 2002 report, the European Commission assessed Bulgaria as a fully functional market economy, with a high degree of macroeconomic stability and working market mechanisms.
- The Bulgarian workforce is well educated with a 93 percent literacy rate.
- The current trend is that well educated Bulgarians attain worldwide experience abroad and return to their home country.
- Because of their education and expertise, Bulgarians are well suited to work in multinational organizations.